Posted to alt.home.repair
victor

Default Is it possible to renew the finish on kitchen cabinets??

I'd like to renew the finish on my kitchen cabinets before putting my
house on the market

I've tried the "cabinet magic" route as well as the lemon oil polishes
but the sheen they impart lasts for several hours and disappears. Are
there any remedies to imparting a longer lasting furniture luster to
kitchen cabinets short of the lengthy process of totally stripping them
down and restaining and recoating them.

Is there any product that can recoat the existing finish and impart a
new coating with a luster??
Thanks for your help!

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"victor" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd like to renew the finish on my kitchen cabinets before putting my
house on the market

I've tried the "cabinet magic" route as well as the lemon oil polishes
but the sheen they impart lasts for several hours and disappears. Are
there any remedies to imparting a longer lasting furniture luster to
kitchen cabinets short of the lengthy process of totally stripping them
down and restaining and recoating them.

Is there any product that can recoat the existing finish and impart a
new coating with a luster??
Thanks for your help!

If the finish hasn't worn through to wood, you might get away with just
degreasing them in alcohol and putting another coat of clearcoat
(polyerethane, varathane, varnish or whatever it should be). Sprayed on
would be best.

Try to experiment on the inside of the bottom doors.

Painting with glossy white paint has been done but its a step backward IMO.