Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default cordless vac for hardwood floors

I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Eddie G wrote:
I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

go with a cheap corded one. fine a floor piece that has bristles or felt
under it. i have a old h bag type urecka.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

Eddie G wrote:
I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

We had laminate flooring at our cabin, and used several
alternate ways of keeping it looking good. For when we were
not there, we used a Roomba. The new models will now seek
out their docking station to recharge, and can be programmed
to venture out during times when you are not around. There
is a new model now out that is designed for hard surface
flooring, that sprays out a fine mist and squeegees it up.

We also used a Black and Decker battery vacuum. It's like
an overgrown Dust Buster. The battery in the Dust Buster
part also drives a motorized brush for carpet or even
upholstered furniture. It was excellent.

As you could guess, nothing beats the staying power and
suction of a corded vac. However, with hard flooring like
laminates, tile, vinyl, you can get by with a lot less
suction. Actually, I'd often just use a 4' dust mop I got
from Home Depot to do the floors, then use the Black and
Decker battery vacuum or Dust Buster to pick up what the
dust mop rounded up.

One last off-the-wall gizmo that actually does a great job
is the RoboSweep. I kept one down in the lower level. It
is the height of simplicty. A couple of rechargable
penlight batteries cause it to randomly run around the room
slowly, with a synthetic cloth underneath. It runs about 24
hours on a charge and the cloth dusts the floor. The first
time you use one, you'll be amazed at what it finds. It
isn't as efficient as a Roomba, but it sure does a good job
when you just keep it going
Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Eddie G" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

hoover floor mate works great, sorry it has a cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Eddie G wrote:
I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like
it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

I got a Eurika Quick-up a couple of months ago and it has been very
handy. It has a rotating brush or can be turned off. It is handy for
little clean up but I would not want to use it for everyday cleaning. I use
my built in vac.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom&kel

go with the swiffer pads unless you got kids. i use quite a few because of
the kids,cat and dog.....
"Art" wrote in message
news
Swisher stick at the supermarket.

"Eddie G" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just
got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard
wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It
has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Roomba robot vac by
IRobot. It works great on my hardwood floors. Just turn it on and let
it go. It even returns to recharge itself once it finished.