Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man

Default New cased A-coil and furnace (alignment)

New cased A-coil and furnace (alignment)

Hi,

I recently had a contractor replace my old Carrier
furnace, etc with lo-end Heil eqpt.

The matching cased A-coil unit sits slightly akilter on the furnace.

Viewing from the front, the coil unit is flush on the left side.
Extends about 1/4 " over the furnace edge on the right. On the
front and back, one corner is flush and the other is 1/4" off.

How do the cased A-coil units fit onto the furnace? Are
they supposed to align perfectly?

I've paid the contractor (evidently a mistake on my part,
should've held back something), and am wondering if
this constitutes poor workmanship that might justify
a BBB complaint. As near as I can tell, they didn't do a
very good job except on the plenum, which *looks* good, but
might be the reason the A-coil doesn't align.

Any/all suggestions/info much appreciated.

Cheers,
Puddin'