Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint Question

We have enclosed pool and porch with aluminum post and we have aluminum
frames on our windows. A few years ago I bought some paint at Home
Depot...it was thin, oil based (I think) for touching up scratched and
chipped aluminum. I got the "anondized" color...and it worked on both
the pool enclosure and to touch up window frames where caulking had
gotten on it or where it had chipped. It looked fine.

Now I cannot find that kind of paint at HD or Ace. I haven't been to
Lowes yet but suspect I won't find it there. I wonder why? What do
people use now? There is Rustoleum - but what color do I buy? Will it
stay on? Have choice of Flat Black or Glossy Black...it might do for
window frames but not for pool enclosure.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Surely the people who install these
things need to touch up sometimes. Where do they buy it.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't want spray can. I want kind I can brush on. This is for
window frames....would never get it to spray where I want it. Thanks
anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Our local aluminum supplier that makes and sells gutter coil, siding,
windows, doors, etc. carries it for touchup. They sell it to us so we
can hide scratches after installation.
You can buy it in a spray can or fingernail polish types container.

Robert