Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath tub chip repair

I just applied the porcelain chip repair in my bathtub. Now, after it
dries (perhaps a day or two), it will show as a blob. What is the best
way to buff it down so it's smooth?
Also, while on the subject, the bottom of my bathtub has become quite
rough, due to a mat I kept there for a number of years. Is there any
way to make it nice and slippery as the sides? Maybe with some enamel
spray and buff?

Thanks in advance...

Vijay

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks Joesph, I took your advice and am getting my bathtub re-finished
for $395. Probably about a fraction of the cost of getting a new one.
They will do the whole thing. First they apply a bonding agent, then
the spray-on follwed by finish and buff. The guy said he can do the
whole job in about 5-6 hours, working straight. The other estimate I
got was for $500, and he said he'd come back the next day to buff.
Wonder whether there;s any difference...

Thanks for the advice!
Vijay