Posted to alt.home.repair
KJ

Default Nailgun - easy question

Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa

KJ wrote:

Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Electric or air? If its air, turn the pressure down.
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair
KJ

Air.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

"KJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Too much air pressure and or the depth dial is set too deep. On the side of
the gun there should be a dial for the depth adjustment.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom O'Connor

Should be a rubber or plastic tip on the nose of the gun to prevent
dents.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

KJ,

Almost every air nailer will countersink the nail to some extent and you
want it to do that. In doing so, there will be the so called 'ding'
mark left. If it's on unfinished wood you can use wood filler found in
the paint dept. It's sandable and fills the ding very well. If it's
painted/tinted they make fillers that are colored--still in the paint
department. I would never go back to using the hammer just to get a
nail flush but I do keep a good supply of the nail filler compound.

KJ wrote:
Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Easy and honest money [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 12th 06 10:39 PM
Easy Money [email protected] UK diy 0 March 7th 06 11:41 PM
too easy of a question Tater Schuld Electronics 21 February 23rd 06 12:15 PM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM