DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nailgun - easy question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/148951-nailgun-easy-question.html)

KJ March 13th 06 07:14 PM

Nailgun - easy question

Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Grandpa March 13th 06 07:29 PM

Nailgun - easy question

KJ wrote:

Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Electric or air? If its air, turn the pressure down.
--
Grandpa

KJ March 13th 06 07:31 PM

Nailgun - easy question

Air.

Brian V March 13th 06 09:35 PM

Nailgun - easy question

"KJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, just got my fist brad nailer. Question: how do you avoid the ding
(gun mark) in the wood that results when nailing? Obviously, I am doing
something wrong here.

Too much air pressure and or the depth dial is set too deep. On the side of
the gun there should be a dial for the depth adjustment.

Tom O'Connor March 14th 06 12:02 AM

Nailgun - easy question

Should be a rubber or plastic tip on the nose of the gun to prevent
dents.

Joey March 15th 06 01:03 AM

Nailgun - easy question

KJ,

Almost every air nailer will countersink the nail to some extent and you
want it to do that. In doing so, there will be the so called 'ding'
mark left. If it's on unfinished wood you can use wood filler found in
the paint dept. It's sandable and fills the ding very well. If it's
painted/tinted they make fillers that are colored--still in the paint
department. I would never go back to using the hammer just to get a
nail flush but I do keep a good supply of the nail filler compound.