Posted to alt.home.repair
Airkings

Default Drywall wrinkles?

I'm painting newly installed drywall with Behr "new drywall" paint, which
has been working great for a couple of rooms so far. For some reason now, on
a small section above a door (about 2' X 1'), the drywall paper wrinkled or
something, and now has ridges. It is visible from a few feet away.

What's going on here? Did I put too much paint on and the paper got wet? How
can I fix it?

I thought about skimming it with a coat of mud, but I want to see if anyone
has a better idea. I suppose it could flatten itself as it dries, but I
doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
Marvel

Sounds weird maybe the drywall got bent and is crumbled behind the paper.
You will need to scrape those bubbles out if it gets into the substrate of
the wallboard it will need skim coats. I doubt it will flatten. Once an air
bubble always an air bubble.
"Airkings" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm painting newly installed drywall with Behr "new drywall" paint, which
has been working great for a couple of rooms so far. For some reason now,
on a small section above a door (about 2' X 1'), the drywall paper
wrinkled or something, and now has ridges. It is visible from a few feet
away.

What's going on here? Did I put too much paint on and the paper got wet?
How can I fix it?

I thought about skimming it with a coat of mud, but I want to see if
anyone has a better idea. I suppose it could flatten itself as it dries,
but I doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Airkings wrote:
I'm painting newly installed drywall with Behr "new drywall" paint, which
has been working great for a couple of rooms so far. For some reason now, on
a small section above a door (about 2' X 1'), the drywall paper wrinkled or
something, and now has ridges. It is visible from a few feet away.

What's going on here? Did I put too much paint on and the paper got wet? How
can I fix it?

I thought about skimming it with a coat of mud, but I want to see if anyone
has a better idea. I suppose it could flatten itself as it dries, but I
doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

Was there a light or heat vent close to the "wrinkled" area? The
surface of the paint may have dried too soon and caused the wrinkling,
although it is difficult to visualize what is really going on. I would
allow plenty of time to cure/dry, then try sanding and coating again.