Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

Default Privacy Screen for Outdoor Hot Tub Spa

I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot tub.
Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided if
it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall.
I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas.
I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate seeing
them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to our
property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Bryan" wrote in message
I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot tub.
Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided if
it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall.
I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas.
I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate
seeing them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to
our property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

I just sank some posts. I went to a canvas shop and had them make me up a
piece that wraps around. It is held on with those little ball bungees.
Quick, simple, easy, and when the weather is bad, or in the off season, it
comes off in 60 seconds for storage. A four sided enclosure or roof panel/s
would be equally easy. You can put the panels on the roof so there is
plenty of air circulation, or leave them off when you want star viewing.
Lots of configurations, and all take a couple of minutes to do. Use of
different color panels gives you that HGTV look.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Bryan" wrote in message
I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot tub.
Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided if
it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall.
I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas.
I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate

seeing
them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to our
property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

sorry inexpensive and redwood do not go together.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot
tub.
Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided
if
it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall.
I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas.
I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate

seeing
them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to our
property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

sorry inexpensive and redwood do not go together.

LOL! Ok, by inexpensive I mean I don't want a structure that involves
electronics, skylights, windows, ...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

"Bryan" wrote in message
I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot
tub.
Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided
if it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall.
I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas.
I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate
seeing them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to
our property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

Whenever I tell my wife to close the curtains so I can get out of the shower
and walk into our bedroom, she tells me, "Oh, don't worry; it's not THAT
big." So I'm not sure the neighbors will get much of a show, but ...

I sat in the tub last night waiting/hoping for snowfall (didn't happen,
storm went south). Sat there for about an hour trying to visualize a good
solution to what I'm starting to think might not be anything more than an
imagined problem. I still like my electrically operated vertical accordian
solution.