Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brett Miler

Default How long before I can take my microwave apart or let the kids have at it?

I understand at one time you couldn't take apart a TV set because
supposedly it held a charge and could kill you. It may be true, or
not, I don't know.

Now I have a microwave that went FUBAR. First the LCD didn't work
correctly. You couldn't read anything. Then it would start and stop
for no reason. Finally, the thing blew out "electrical fire" inside
the microwave. Now it will no longer heat food.

So, since it is bad, I wanted to let my kids disassemble it for
education purposes. Do I need to wait for the unit to discharge
before allowing them to mess with it? It has be unplugged for around
2 weeks.

Thanks

The difference between a truth and a lie is:
1) Do you believe it?
2) Did you get caught?
3) Can you convince others of your conviction.
-MM
How I lost the day.