Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

Default High Cost of Keeping Hot Tub Ready To Go

The cost of luxury in our home is killing our bottom line. We're starting
to look at ways to cut our gas and electric costs. One of our big drains is
our hot tub. Between the 4 of us, someone uses the tub each day of the
week.

I'm wondering what the best plan of attack might be for keeping the hot tub
ready to go and bringing the cost down.

Right now it's set at 103 24/7.
Would it make any difference in cost if I kept it at 100 and turned it up to
103 each afternoon in time for my wife and kids to enjoy the tub each
evening and turned it back to 100 each morning?
It seems like I would be spending as much reheating the tub each day as I
would to keep it at 103 24/7.

What do think and what strategies do you use to keep your hot tub ready to
go while keeping the cost of heating down?

Cost of Heating oil; Cost of lumber? Phil Woodworking 82 August 28th 05 05:32 AM
HSMs and the High Cost of Housing Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 15 August 25th 05 08:20 PM
Woodworkers and the High Cost of Housing Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 9 August 23rd 05 01:35 AM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
trenching and other uses of a high pressure washer Jer Home Repair 5 November 18th 04 08:59 PM