Posted to alt.home.repair
dean

Default Where to buy a head board for a bed?

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

dean wrote:
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

"padded headboard" in Google returns 330,000 hits.

After you've exhausted that list (sometime next year), report back on your
results.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

dean wrote:
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

A padded headboard would be simple and inexpensive to make: plywood,
foam padding, some polyester bat, fabric, staples, tacks or buttons,
drill, string, and something to stand or hang it. Unpadded headboard
could be just as easy. What do you want it to look like? Padded around
edges, or just within a frame? Plain wood with moldings?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"dean" wrote

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Here in America, we don't buy padded headboards. We just scoot down further
in the bed.

Either that or where helmets....

;-]

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"dean" wrote

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Here in America, we don't buy padded headboards. We just scoot down further
in the bed.

Either that or where helmets....

;-]

Besides, the studs on the manacles cause runs in the fabric. Most
gauche.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

you're not trying very hard.

overstock.com (very low shipping)

JCPenny (best bet for something in a local store you can see)

Sears (maybe but for some unknown reason their site is down today.)

Just about any local furniture store (i.e. yellow pages)

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Besides, the studs on the manacles cause runs in the fabric. Most
gauche.

you need an (ahem) heading tool for the rivets, to round them
off nicely. Maybe a little rossete pattern..
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

Find HGTV. Watch it. Make your own for about $100.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

try some used store places or even e bay

nuther BP head bolt question Grant Erwin Metalworking 22 November 5th 05 05:00 AM
Samsung Microwave & GE Microwave oven Soyrunner Electronics Repair 5 March 15th 05 01:46 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
How to re-lacquer a vintage carrom game board Armchair Bronco Woodworking 1 August 20th 03 02:17 PM