DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy a head board for a bed? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/146658-where-buy-head-board-bed.html)

dean February 27th 06 03:09 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

HeyBub February 27th 06 03:32 PM

dean wrote:
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

"padded headboard" in Google returns 330,000 hits.

After you've exhausted that list (sometime next year), report back on your
results.

Norminn February 27th 06 03:42 PM

dean wrote:
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

A padded headboard would be simple and inexpensive to make: plywood,
foam padding, some polyester bat, fabric, staples, tacks or buttons,
drill, string, and something to stand or hang it. Unpadded headboard
could be just as easy. What do you want it to look like? Padded around
edges, or just within a frame? Plain wood with moldings?

Dr. Hardcrab February 27th 06 05:10 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

"dean" wrote

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Here in America, we don't buy padded headboards. We just scoot down further
in the bed.

Either that or where helmets....

;-]

RicodJour February 27th 06 07:39 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"dean" wrote

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Here in America, we don't buy padded headboards. We just scoot down further
in the bed.

Either that or where helmets....

;-]

Besides, the studs on the manacles cause runs in the fabric. Most
gauche.

PipeDown February 27th 06 08:04 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

you're not trying very hard.

overstock.com (very low shipping)

JCPenny (best bet for something in a local store you can see)

Sears (maybe but for some unknown reason their site is down today.)

Just about any local furniture store (i.e. yellow pages)

oups.com...

Goedjn February 27th 06 08:51 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

Besides, the studs on the manacles cause runs in the fabric. Most
gauche.

you need an (ahem) heading tool for the rivets, to round them
off nicely. Maybe a little rossete pattern..

Steve B February 27th 06 11:40 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I
can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the
local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

Find HGTV. Watch it. Make your own for about $100.

Steve

[email protected] February 27th 06 11:42 PM

Where to buy a head board for a bed?

try some used store places or even e bay