Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

Default Thomasville Kitchen Cabinets

"XXX" wrote in message
We're buying three Thomasville kitchen cabinets to make an island. Two
12" cabinets with a drawer and door below. one 36" cabinet that will
hold a cooktop with two doors below. We've heard good and bad about
Thomnasville from Home Depot. The island will be 60" by "24" standard
cabinet depth with a granite countertop that will overhang to give more
room. regarding the cabinets, what construction options should we order
if any to make the island as sturdy and long lasting as possible. The HD
guy added plywood ends, he said, to give better support. we haven't made
a final decision yet and would like to hear comments for and against
Thomasville. remember, this is just for a relatively small island. we
are keeping all of our existing cabinetry

So what's your ****ing point? You braggin' or complainin'?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

XXX wrote:
We're buying three Thomasville kitchen cabinets to make an island. Two
12" cabinets with a drawer and door below. one 36" cabinet that will
hold a cooktop with two doors below. We've heard good and bad about
Thomnasville from Home Depot. The island will be 60" by "24" standard
cabinet depth with a granite countertop that will overhang to give more
room. regarding the cabinets, what construction options should we order
if any to make the island as sturdy and long lasting as possible. The HD
guy added plywood ends, he said, to give better support. we haven't made
a final decision yet and would like to hear comments for and against
Thomasville. remember, this is just for a relatively small island. we
are keeping all of our existing cabinetry

There are a lot of things involved with an island with granite
overhang. Are you doing this yourself or do you have a contractor?

Posted to alt.home.repair
XXX

In article a5sMf.3413$XE6.3071@trnddc07,
"Red Neckerson" wrote:

"XXX" wrote in message
We're buying three Thomasville kitchen cabinets to make an island. Two
12" cabinets with a drawer and door below. one 36" cabinet that will
hold a cooktop with two doors below. We've heard good and bad about
Thomnasville from Home Depot. The island will be 60" by "24" standard
cabinet depth with a granite countertop that will overhang to give more
room. regarding the cabinets, what construction options should we order
if any to make the island as sturdy and long lasting as possible. The HD
guy added plywood ends, he said, to give better support. we haven't made
a final decision yet and would like to hear comments for and against
Thomasville. remember, this is just for a relatively small island. we
are keeping all of our existing cabinetry

So what's your ****ing point? You braggin' or complainin'?

bragging, jerkoff, RTF message asshole and find the clue!
Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"XXX" wrote in message
In article .com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

XXX wrote:
[...]

A contractor is handling it. my question is will i be faced with a
horror by buying from HD? do the cabinets come partially put together or
Ikea-style, flat-packed? what options should i order as above. Thanks in
advance. just hope the redneck doesn't respond again, lol.

Thomasville comes fully assembled. HD is the main retail outlet for that
brand. The brand is good and if you trust the installer, he will be good.
HD is just making delivery. Not as bad as using one of their contractors
they pull out of a hat for you.

Not sure what options you are takling about but I did note that things like
the self closing drawer slides were more expensive installed on the cabinets
then it would cost to go to the next isle in HD and buy them seperately and
put them on yourself. The same is probably true for pulls and the fancy
pull out thingies they put inside. Buy basic cabinets and use aftermarket
kits to upgrade

All construction options will feel sturdy until something goes wrong. One
good leak and the MDF is saturated and warping but the plywood just dries
out without deforming. Since you are only buying 3 fairly standard cabnets
and the door choice is the same for all three, go for the gusto and get
plywood. Whats the upcharge? 15%?