Posted to alt.home.repair
fireant

Default low heat BBQ grill

Got a typical grill with 3 burners. 20 lb. OPD tank. Used to have good hot
flame, now have low heat that barely reaches 350 degrees. Replaced the
regulator and hoses today, no change. What gives? TIA, F

Posted to alt.home.repair

burner rusty or obstructed by insect nest.

might also be a bad tank....

take it all apart, light at nite, how does flame look?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"fireant" wrote in message
Got a typical grill with 3 burners. 20 lb. OPD tank. Used to have good
hot flame, now have low heat that barely reaches 350 degrees. Replaced
the regulator and hoses today, no change. What gives? TIA, F

You can buy a skinny brush to clean inside the burner tubes. If I told you
what you'd find in those tubes, you'd think I was kidding you. Get the brush
and find out for yourself. Instead of going to the home stores, you might
need to hit the yellow pages and find a specialty BBQ dealer for the brush.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"fireant" wrote in message
Got a typical grill with 3 burners. 20 lb. OPD tank. Used to have good

hot
flame, now have low heat that barely reaches 350 degrees. Replaced the
regulator and hoses today, no change. What gives? TIA, F

Does your tank have the tri shaped handle? If so welcome to the club.
The new PROTECT OUR ASSES valves inside the tank are the problem.
My 3 tanks only deliver about 5/8 to 3/4 of the volume, on the best of days.

What works for me is to shut off the tank valve (everytime), Make sure that
the valves on the grill are off. Crack the tank valve, finish opening. Then
open one burner valve.

If your interested if you get a 46 gallon tank they do not have the PROTECT
OUR ASSES valve inside of them. I am about to spend the $75 dollars for
one.

Check with a propane place, not Circle K or Home despot about tanks in your
area. My area has some good tanks available and some **** pour. They are
mostly at the exchange places.

I could be on the moon considering the amount of information given.

Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick

After you make sure the burner feed is clean of dirt
and cobwebs, the regulator is the next suspect.
Try to find a repair depot for your BBQ in your area
and talk to the mechanic. Tell him you heard about
some way to reset the regulator to allow full gas flow.
That's what I had to do. On mine, the method was,
just going from memory, shutting valves and tank off,
opening tank fully, then opening valves quickly.
Or was it the other way around? Can't remember now
....thehick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"thehick" wrote in message
ups.com...
After you make sure the burner feed is clean of dirt
and cobwebs, the regulator is the next suspect.
Try to find a repair depot for your BBQ in your area
and talk to the mechanic. Tell him you heard about
some way to reset the regulator to allow full gas flow.
That's what I had to do. On mine, the method was,
just going from memory, shutting valves and tank off,
opening tank fully, then opening valves quickly.
Or was it the other way around? Can't remember now
...thehick

If the OPD stops the flow, you shut everything off, then s l o w l y open
the valves. The purpose of the OPD is to prevent a rush of gas if the tank
is damaged and tipped in transport. When the tank is very full, the float
comes to the top and can block the flow.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

snow or spiderweb in the burner tube?
other great bbq advice at:
http://www.barbecuen.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have flushed burners with a garden hose.

I do have a tank here thats full and I cant get any gas out of it at
all.

beyond exchanging it full for another one any ideas?