Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default low heat BBQ grill

"fireant" wrote in message
Got a typical grill with 3 burners. 20 lb. OPD tank. Used to have good

hot
flame, now have low heat that barely reaches 350 degrees. Replaced the
regulator and hoses today, no change. What gives? TIA, F

Does your tank have the tri shaped handle? If so welcome to the club.
The new PROTECT OUR ASSES valves inside the tank are the problem.
My 3 tanks only deliver about 5/8 to 3/4 of the volume, on the best of days.

What works for me is to shut off the tank valve (everytime), Make sure that
the valves on the grill are off. Crack the tank valve, finish opening. Then
open one burner valve.

If your interested if you get a 46 gallon tank they do not have the PROTECT
OUR ASSES valve inside of them. I am about to spend the $75 dollars for
one.

Check with a propane place, not Circle K or Home despot about tanks in your
area. My area has some good tanks available and some **** pour. They are
mostly at the exchange places.

I could be on the moon considering the amount of information given.