Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default how to white out windows

i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

They used to sell contact paper that was "frosted" that worked very good for
what you are describing. I've seen people use that spray "snow" to do the
same thing, though I don't think you will find any this time of the year...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

They used to sell contact paper that was "frosted" that worked very good
for what you are describing. I've seen people use that spray "snow" to do
the same thing, though I don't think you will find any this time of the
year...

Found another product:

http://www.plasti-kote.com/plastikot...=GlassFrosting

Probably find it at any crafts store

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article XfZLf.10362$fU6.7954@trnddc08, Dr. Hardcrab says...

"bill allemann" wrote in message
.com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

They used to sell contact paper that was "frosted" that worked very good for
what you are describing. I've seen people use that spray "snow" to do the
same thing, though I don't think you will find any this time of the year...

Glass films most certainly are on the market. For example -

http://www.glassdecorandmore.com/

These are removable as well.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

Lowe's and Home Depot sell plastic panels that can be cut to
size with scissors. The panels come in different designs and
colors. They can be held in place with double-stick tape.

Frank

"bill allemann" wrote
in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
nj_dilettante

bill allemann wrote:
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

"Glass Wax" glass cleaner - it's the stuff that used to be used with
stencils to put Christmas decorations on windows. It dries opaque, then can
be wiped off when you're ready. And you get clean windows as a bonus!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

If it is on the east or west side of your house in direct sun, I would worry
about window cracking from the excess heat if you did this in hot weather.

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

rub them with a regular bar of white soap...wash off when ready

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

bill allemann wrote:

i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Glass Wax was the stuff used long ago to cover empty store windows, but
I haven't noticed it on store shelves in a long time. I would probably
tape white plastic sheet or newspaper, although they would not look
great from outside.
Posted to alt.home.repair
nj_dilettante

Norminn wrote:
bill allemann wrote:

i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that
people can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Glass Wax was the stuff used long ago to cover empty store windows,
but I haven't noticed it on store shelves in a long time. I would
probably tape white plastic sheet or newspaper, although they would
not look great from outside.

ACE Hardware stores still carry Glass Wax.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl

Rustoleum and Krylon make spray paint called Glass frosting. Sold at HD or
Lowes. Easy on but needs a razor blade to get off. or else soap the window
up with Bon Ami.

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. com...
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people
can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"mm" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:35:10 GMT, "bill allemann"
wrote:

i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

thanks, bill

Other ideas sound better, but don't forget waxed paper. (don't try to
spray it on.)

Most newspaper print plants sell stub rolls of newsprint very cheaply. A
roll of that and some tape will fix you right up, and not make a frigging
mess to clean up, like anything you spray or smear on the glass would be.
It'll still let enough light in to navigate around the room when needed.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

At Menards, they sell a 'spray on' type of frost. I've done this to my
front and back doors because they have windows that you can see through
them. It worked really well, and says that it's removable. I haven't
tried removing it because I like it, but it does look like it would
come off fairly well with some mineral spirits.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

bill allemann wrote:
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

Do you need to do this more than once? If so, I'd just build a simple
frame to fit inside the window and stretch tissue paper over it. Hold
the frame in place with velcro.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On 26 Feb 2006 06:15:58 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

bill allemann wrote:
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

Do you need to do this more than once? If so, I'd just build a simple
frame to fit inside the window and stretch tissue paper over it. Hold
the frame in place with velcro.

Curtains? On a spring-loaded shower-curtain rod?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.

wrote:

bill allemann wrote:
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured.
is there a spray on product for this?
they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged
enough that people can't see in during the day.

Do you need to do this more than once? If so, I'd just build a simple
frame to fit inside the window and stretch tissue paper over it. Hold
the frame in place with velcro.

Curtains? On a spring-loaded shower-curtain rod?

http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details
Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to www.chaseproducts.com, Chase Products is the manufacturer of
"spray snow" and other permenant and temporary glass frosting products.
All of their products are on the website, they make just about any
kind of aerosol known to man.