Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Default Refrigerator

Slime Buildup
Inside Cold Water Dispenser
Of Refrigerator

The cold water dispensed from my refrigerator contains small translucent
particles mingled throughout the water apparent when holding a glass of
water up to a light background. The size of these particles varies from
just
a few thousands of an inch with some reaching upwards of an eight of an
inch.

Following an inline filter change I noted a burst of air in the line
when I
turned the water back on. This burst of air apparently disturbed the
slime
buildup inside the tank and even after flushing by running many gallons
of
water through the tank the problem still persists.

I have noticed a slime buildup on other apparatus such as the cold air
humidifier where the slime is more open to analysis. Running the
humidifier
one week will cause a slime buildup on all parts that the water touches.

I assume this buildup could also take place in the cold water tank of the
refrigerator. Since the tank is not accessible for cleaning, I also
assume
that the slime would continue to build up to a point where it would start
breaking loose and be mixed with the water.

Can anyone shed more light on this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Roger