Big Daddy

Default Fridgidaire Refrigerator troubleshooting

I think this is an easy problem to fix. Refrigerator is about 20 years
old, top freezer model, standard type refrigerator/freezer. This
summer, we have started to regularly get a buildup of water forming in
the very bottom of the refrigerator, in a little depressed area under
the crisper drawers. You have to take out the crisper drawers to see
it.

The problem is, the water collected is so much that it is dripping out
of the refrigerator (through the door seal I suspect) onto the kitchen
floor.

Could it be that it's been such a hot, humid summer in NY this year
that's causing this?

There is a selector switch in the refrigerator that says Electri-saver
and your choice for the switch is Hi or Lo humidity. It's been on
high. I just switched it to low to see if it makes a difference.

Could this simply be that the air is so humid this year and we open the
refrigerator so many times a day that it is simply humidity forming on
the sides of the inside of the refrigerator that eventually drip into
this bottom pan?

Thanks.

JohnR66

"Big Daddy" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

There is a pan under the frig where the water is supposed to drain to. The
drain tube is clogged.
John

Joseph Meehan

Big Daddy wrote:
[...]

That is the frost water that has been defrosted and should be going to a
pan under your frig to evaporate. Look around and you will see a hole where
it should be going. Clean out that hole and it should be OK. Be sure to
clean up most of the water first or it may end up on the floor as it may now
be too much for the pan to hold.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

TURTLE

"Big Daddy" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

This is Turtle.

You have a drain hose or drain cup plugged up and you need to clean ouit the
freezer coil drain line cleaned out to not let it spill in the bottom of the
refrigerator. I have a picture to look at on the cup being gotten to by way of
the refrigerator area or cooling ares if it is a whirlpool / Roper .

http://www.american-appliance.com/im...ta/wp_ref2.jpg

The picture is self explaining in it's self.

TURTLE

Stormin Mormon

As the other posters have written, there should be a drain tube that goes
from the back of the freezer down to the pan under the fridge. What the
others didn't mention is that very often the top of the tube is in the back
of the freezer section. and you have to take everything out of the freezer
and disassemble the back of the freezer to get at the drain.

What part of NY? I'm near Rochester. And have fixed a lot of refrigerators.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

ps.com...