Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Steering Fluid Spill

A power steering hose broke on my car leaving a large puddle of PS
fluid on the garage floor. Does anyone know of a product that I can
throw on the spill to absorb the fluid?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
A power steering hose broke on my car leaving a large puddle of PS
fluid on the garage floor. Does anyone know of a product that I can
throw on the spill to absorb the fluid?

Soak up as much as possible with cat litter - the cheapest kind you can
find. Pour it on, walk on it, wait a day, sweep, and repeat. Some fluid's
probably soaked into the floor already, but using the litter, you can at
least soak up whatever might get on shoes and be tracked into the house.

Next, a tip from my mechanic, who's got the cleanest floor I've ever seen in
an auto shop: Get yourself some Tide laundry powder and a stiff scrub brush
that you won't ever use for anything else but cleaning oil spills. Mix Tide
with water to make a thick paste. Brush it on, wait a few minutes, rinse
off. Obviously, this would be easier to hose off if it were outside on the
driveway, but do the best you can. You might have to soak up some of the
mess with newspapers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The wax stripper that commercial janitors use will also do a good clean
.. Just spray it on let it set a few minutes and then wipe up.Get it at
a janitol supply or Sam's. Hint: alcohol(methyl) is the greatest of
solvents of grease. All cleaners use it as their base. It has a
thousand uses around a place if you just dilute it to suit your job.