Posted to alt.home.repair
Teh Suck

Default Rec for a showerhead?

I'm looking for one that has some strong pressure (I currenty use one of
those Waterpik flex-neck ones and even the strongest setting is only
mediocre).

I'm looking to spend $30-$40.

If anyone can recommend anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

first compare the waterflow in the basement to the waterflow at the
removed showerhead, perhaps by measuring how many seconds it takes to
fill a gallon pitcher or bucket. the flow loss is restrictions or
debris or mineral deposits at every valve and pipe and elbow and
fixture from the street to your showerhead. further obstructions occur
in the switching valves of the handhelds and in the devices blocking
with debris or mineral deposits. to meet the water saving standards it
is difficult to find a wide open showerhead for your low pressure or
low volume pipe. flow restrictors on many showerheads new these days
are not removable. if you don't have a plastic showerhead to drill out
is is difficult to drill out the metal ones.
see:
http://www.highpressureshowerheads.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Teh Suck

buffalobill wrote:
first compare the waterflow in the basement to the waterflow at the
removed showerhead, perhaps by measuring how many seconds it takes to
fill a gallon pitcher or bucket. the flow loss is restrictions or
debris or mineral deposits at every valve and pipe and elbow and
fixture from the street to your showerhead. further obstructions occur
in the switching valves of the handhelds and in the devices blocking
with debris or mineral deposits. to meet the water saving standards it
is difficult to find a wide open showerhead for your low pressure or
low volume pipe. flow restrictors on many showerheads new these days
are not removable. if you don't have a plastic showerhead to drill out
is is difficult to drill out the metal ones.
see:
http://www.highpressureshowerheads.com/

Thanks for the site. I'm definitely going to get one these.

Have you tried any of them?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Teh Suck" wrote in message
I'm looking for one that has some strong pressure (I currenty use one of
those Waterpik flex-neck ones and even the strongest setting is only
mediocre).

I'm looking to spend $30-$40.

If anyone can recommend anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Take the little plastic disc out that is supposed to save water. It works
better without them.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

"Teh Suck" wrote in news:a88Lf.4161$uV6.2358@news-wrt-
01.rdc-nyc.rr.com:

I'm looking for one that has some strong pressure (I currenty use one of
those Waterpik flex-neck ones and even the strongest setting is only
mediocre).

I'm looking to spend $30-$40.

If anyone can recommend anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

I use "The Incredible Head",from Home Depot,it's under $10,not a stylish
showerhead,though.It's main advantage is a narrow output cone,so the water
goes on your body and not all over the wall and curtain.They also have
"shut-off" versions,that allow you to wet down,turn off the flow while you
scrub,and then turn the flow back on for rinsing. I use the ordinary one.
It's solid brass(chromed),too.

I used a tiny drill to slightly enlarge every other hole in the disk to
give a better spray.(a little coarser)

It's also cheap enough to buy and try with no great loss.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

1/2" or 3/4" Thermostatic valve Slavek Home Repair 3 January 3rd 06 07:54 AM
Dripping showerhead Ian Waddell UK diy 3 April 25th 05 02:04 PM
Best Showerhead? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 5 December 19th 04 12:08 AM