Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default flagstone leaching question

I had a LOT of flagstone leveled and grouted. The workmen used gray fine
sand and Portland cement. They wiped as they went, brushing off the
concrete from the tops of the flagstone. They have been gone now for a
couple of days.

Things are looking white. I am staying off it for five days to allow it to
dry. Temperatures are in the 60s during the day, and 30s at night. The
grout seems to be going out into the flagstone, but only slightly. Not
really markedly, or in big strips.

AFTER I let it dry for a few more days, what's the best thing to do? There
is still some scrap sand on the surface, which will clean up with brooming.
Should I wet it down? Should I try to broom it wet to cut down on the white
lines? Is there an additive or spray I can put on it? Like vinegar of
muriatic acid?

What would you do?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Muriatic acid wash, but let it cure and I am not sure how long. I waited
months before I washed mine. The fumes can kill your lungs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Muriatic acid wash, but let it cure and I am not sure how long. I waited
months before I washed mine. The fumes can kill your lungs.

Ayup. Acid washed a pool once.

I think I will just let it sit for a good while, let there be some traffic
on it, and just let it age gracefully.

Like me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Have the contractor do it in a month or 2, it is cheap and easy so the
price should be 100-250

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM