Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default Glidden Paint?

Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at $
15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations for
better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Incidentally, that's rough stucco I am painting.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$ 15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations
for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Walter R." wrote in message
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$ 15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations
for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

I deal with a lot of painters. Half swear by Duron and the other swear by
Sherwin Williams.

If you go with SW, don't use the Superpaint. The bottom-of-the-line Style
Perfect is the stuff they swear by.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:58:33 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at $
15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations for
better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Frazee Paint is used by one builder here and it is exterior for stucco
(Southern Nevada desert) . I can't attest to the quality of the
paint.

I'm using Behr paint on my stucco.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

I used it for years in Florida. I'd rate it up among the very best on
market.
Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Thanks, did you mean Glidden or Frazee?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
oups.com...
I used it for years in Florida. I'd rate it up among the very best on
market.
Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Duron is cheap so builders like it. Sherwin Williams washers off the
brushes well but does not adhere particularly well. Some of their paint is
very mildew resistant.

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$ 15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone
Depot, which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any
recommendations for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

I deal with a lot of painters. Half swear by Duron and the other swear by
Sherwin Williams.

If you go with SW, don't use the Superpaint. The bottom-of-the-line Style
Perfect is the stuff they swear by.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

IIRC, Glidden has been around for years and years befoe HD. Glidden is a
brand marketed in the US by ICI (IMperial Chemical Industries) an old line
UK chemicals and paint maker.

I irst used Glidden back about 1979 - 1980, long before HD cranked up. It
was reasonably prced then, and gave good service.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.

$
15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations

for
better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at $
15 per gal.

Flat paint on an exterior surface? cringe

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Walter R." wrote in message
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$ 15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot,
which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations
for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Thanks

--
Walter

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for this
project?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...

Walter R. wrote:
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$
15 per gal.

Flat paint on an exterior surface? cringe

You're thinking that because everyplace on earth, dirt clings better to
exterior flat finishes, it might be true in this case also?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

about 20 gl, why?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush.
Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at
$ 15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone
Depot, which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any
recommendations for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern
California?

Thanks

--
Walter

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for
this project?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Walter R." wrote in message

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for
this project?

about 20 gl, why?

Two reasons:
-Sometimes, people ask similar questions to yours, but they're only talking
about a two gallon job, and then it seems silly not to just buy the best,
which amounts to maybe $14.00 for the two gallons. Paint like Devoe or Pratt
& Lambert.

-In your case, you'd probably get a discount for buying 20 gallons, so maybe
you're talking an extra hundred for all of it. Weigh this against how much
you love to paint. And paint again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Good idea, thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for
this project?

about 20 gl, why?

Two reasons:
-Sometimes, people ask similar questions to yours, but they're only
talking about a two gallon job, and then it seems silly not to just buy
the best, which amounts to maybe $14.00 for the two gallons. Paint like
Devoe or Pratt & Lambert.

-In your case, you'd probably get a discount for buying 20 gallons, so
maybe you're talking an extra hundred for all of it. Weigh this against
how much you love to paint. And paint again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Seriously - Devoe or Pratt & Lambert are amazing paints. You'll never go
back once you've tried them.

"Walter R." wrote in message
Good idea, thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for
this project?

about 20 gl, why?

Two reasons:
-Sometimes, people ask similar questions to yours, but they're only
talking about a two gallon job, and then it seems silly not to just buy
the best, which amounts to maybe $14.00 for the two gallons. Paint like
Devoe or Pratt & Lambert.

-In your case, you'd probably get a discount for buying 20 gallons, so
maybe you're talking an extra hundred for all of it. Weigh this against
how much you love to paint. And paint again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

I deal with a lot of painters. Half swear by Duron and the other swear by
Sherwin Williams.

If you go with SW, don't use the Superpaint. The bottom-of-the-line Style
Perfect is the stuff they swear by.....

Are you crazy? The bottom of the line of ANY brand is crap. SuperPaint is
good paint, as is the pro line ProMar 200. There is no sense at all in
talking about brands. There is only sense in talking about specific paints
within a brand. Comparing SW to Duron is a waste of time.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Rust Paint and Standard Paint. ACH Metalworking 2 July 4th 05 03:48 PM
Is 100% Acrylic Paint the best available? Walter R. Home Repair 6 June 16th 05 04:27 AM
indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers? Ari Shapiro Home Repair 3 November 17th 03 09:17 PM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM