Posted to alt.home.repair
marty

Default Adding a basement sink

I want to put a utility sink in the basement.

I have the sewage ejector pump on one side of where I want the sink. I
would perfer not to cut the floor to add the drain. Is it permisable
to drain directly into the top of the ejector using a bulkhead fitting
properly sealed against the top?

Also, beside the ejector is a vent pipe for the floor drain. Wondering
about tying into that for the drain.

I'm in Illinois if it makes a difference.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ajax

On 21 Feb 2006 22:08:18 -0800, "marty"
wrote:

I want to put a utility sink in the basement.

I have the sewage ejector pump on one side of where I want the sink. I
would perfer not to cut the floor to add the drain. Is it permisable
to drain directly into the top of the ejector using a bulkhead fitting
properly sealed against the top?

Also, beside the ejector is a vent pipe for the floor drain. Wondering
about tying into that for the drain.

I'm in Illinois if it makes a difference.

Each jurisdiction has its own interpretation of building code and I'm
sure that Illinois has its own perspectives on these installations. If
you want to know what is code, you might want to call the building
dept.

But if you just want to do something that works, there is no reason
why you couldn't install a sanitary-T in the vent pipe and connect
your sink to it.

You could cut a hole in the lid of the sewage pump container, but I
think that the vent would be the easiest and best way to go. A
flexible Fernco(tm) Sanitary-T would make the job a piece of cake.

To be honest, I don't see why tying in to the vent would be a code
violation.

SUMP PUMP alternative [email protected] Home Repair 16 January 22nd 18 02:44 AM
For those of you with garage workshops... pduck Woodworking 39 August 24th 05 05:03 AM
basement sink install RD Home Repair 2 July 25th 05 12:32 AM
Bathroom - Fitting a new sink & wc Nodge UK diy 0 September 21st 04 02:02 PM
Advice needed on new basement - sump hole higher than rest ofbasement Mark Leininger Home Repair 0 September 23rd 03 07:34 PM