Posted to alt.home.repair
Newbie

Default Stiff Shower Head

Gents:

I have a standard/low price shower head that has gotten stiff/difficult to
swivel.

Does anyone have suggested lubricants, such as the manufacturer may have
used, that won't wash away the first few uses?

ajk

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"Newbie" wrote in message
om...
Gents:

I have a standard/low price shower head that has gotten stiff/difficult to
swivel.

Run some cold water and the stiff head will go away....

Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

"Newbie" wrote in message

I have a standard/low price shower head that has gotten stiff/difficult to
swivel.

Does anyone have suggested lubricants, such as the manufacturer may have
used, that won't wash away the first few uses?

Since none of us make these things, it's hard to tell what (if anything) is
used by the mfg to lubricate it. The thing may swivel originally, because
it's clean and polished. Shower heads are cheap - as you say.

If you want to, remove it, spray some WD-40 where you can and give it some
exercise. It should loosen it up. Vaseline may work too, but will not get
inside of it. These things are not made to be taken apart AFAIK.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:51:26 -0500, "Newbie" wrote:

Gents:

I have a standard/low price shower head that has gotten stiff/difficult to
swivel.

How long did it take to get that way?

Does anyone have suggested lubricants, such as the manufacturer may have
used, that won't wash away the first few uses?

I don't think the mfg uses anything, but I could be wrong.

I would like to wait for the answer to my question at the top, but for
the sake of time, I'd just move the head around until it moved freely.
That should do it for a few years.

I still take showers occasionally and I have had no desire to move my
shower head ever since I got it right the first time.

ajk

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.