Reh

Default Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me

I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually
while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap
up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something
like this?

REH

Kevin

Reh wrote:
I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually
while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap
up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something
like this?

REH

Just saw a nifty faucet on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship last week. One
knob controlled the temp, including a detent button to get to the really
hot water, and another to cut the water on/off. Maybe you can contact them?
Speedy Jim

Reh wrote:

I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually
while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap
up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something
like this?

REH

It's called a "self-closing" valve (or stop).
Do a GOOGLE, or:
http://www.plumbingworld.com/selfclo...wervalves.html

Jim
G. Morgan

Subject: Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Reh = wrote:

Looking for "Navy Shower" Head.

Cute...

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Richard J Kinch

Reh writes:

Any suggestions locating something like this?

Home Depot, here anyways.

Michael Baugh

If you decide against a chain-operated one,
a urinal valve could function in the same fashion.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Reh writes:

Any suggestions locating something like this?

Home Depot, here anyways.

Dr. Hardcrab

"Michael Baugh" wrote

If you decide against a chain-operated one,
a urinal valve could function in the same fashion.

That sounds more like a "Golden Shower" head......

;-]

Reh writes:

Any suggestions locating something like this?

Home Depot, here anyways.

Kevin

G. Morgan wrote:

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Reh = wrote:

Looking for "Navy Shower" Head.

Cute...

Legitimate question there ya landlubber. At sea, unless you're on a
modern cruise ship, fresh water is a rather limited commodity; it must
be loaded prior to embarkation, and/or created underway by evaporators.

Either way the "makes-the-ship-go" machinery and cooking get first dibs.
So while showering, you get wet, secure the water (turn it off),
lather up, then rinse.

"The...United States attacking Iran is ridiculous. Having said that,
all options are on the table." G.W. Bush

Huh?
JerryMouse

Kevin wrote:
Legitimate question there ya landlubber. At sea, unless you're on a
modern cruise ship, fresh water is a rather limited commodity; it must
be loaded prior to embarkation, and/or created underway by
evaporators.
Either way the "makes-the-ship-go" machinery and cooking get first
dibs. So while showering, you get wet, secure the water (turn it
off), lather up, then rinse.

Yeah, but I don't think he's on a ship. I think he's just trying to be a...
a... a... you know... "Californian."

Remember, you can burn Hydrogen in the presence of Oxygen and get "fresh"
water. All other water, including that in the designer bottles, is "used"
water.

G. Morgan

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Kevin = wrote:

Looking for "Navy Shower" Head.

Cute...

Yeah I know, seaman. My mind was in the gutter.

PS:

Please fix your broken signature it should be "-- " (two dashes and a return),
preceding it.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

shishijoy

Reh Wrote:
I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually
while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap
up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something
like this?

REH I got a "Navy" showerhead at Walmart. It doesn't have a cord, but

does have an on/off button.

--
shishijoy
The Real Tom

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:00:38 +0000, shishijoy
wrote:

Reh Wrote:
I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually
while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap
up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something
like this?

REH I got a "Navy" showerhead at Walmart. It doesn't have a cord, but

does have an on/off button.

Sorry, just following this thread. Having been on a ship for years, I
remember those handheld POS's. Typically they would just drippble
out, cause the internial nozzle wore or was broken.

Man, nice flash back. From now on, it's hollywood showers for me,
forever!

later,

tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com

REH I got a "Navy" showerhead at Walmart. It doesn't have a cord, but
does have an on/off button.

I got one of those ones walmart sells above as well

Really like it so far!