Posted to alt.home.repair
Patt

Default detecting sound

We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe a
little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Patt wrote:

We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe a
little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

Hi,
High gain microphone? Can even detect a pin drop.
But this a sensing part. How are you going to be informed.
A flashing light, beeper? What if prowler is silent type?
Pros can break a window not making much of any noise.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Patt" wrote in message
We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only

interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m

thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe

little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

Burglar alarm audio sensor would do the job.

Some are only sensitive to breaking glass as an example

Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Patt wrote:
We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe a
little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

they have glass break sensors. I think they also detect very loud
noises. try homesecuritystore.com or nextalarm.com

--
Thank you,

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

"Patt" wrote in message
We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only
interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m
thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe
little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

Check also www.smarthome.com good luck, let us know if you find a solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Patt" wrote in message
We need to monitor a section of an apartment building. Were only
interested
in detecting sound, for example someone breaking into a door. I`m
thinking
something like a baby monitor. Anyone know of that sort of thing but maybe
little more sophisticated. We are only interested in audio not a camera.
Thanks.
Patt

I was going to suggest a "barking dog alarm" (google it) but when I looked
on the web, most were motion activated. They used to be sound activated,
look around more than I did and you might find it.