Gel

Default Freeview digibox sound query

I guess there's no way round this, as my Freeview box has no RCA
sound outputs; If I use the RCA sockets on TV its showing on the sound
isnt in sync; I believe the sound is the undigitised so slightly ahead
of Freewview output.
Ian Stirling

Gel wrote:
I guess there's no way round this, as my Freeview box has no RCA
sound outputs; If I use the RCA sockets on TV its showing on the sound
isnt in sync; I believe the sound is the undigitised so slightly ahead
of Freewview output.

Does it have SCART outputs?
You may be able to get a connector to break the SCART stereo out to RCA
plugs.
Rob K

"Gel" wrote in message
om...
I guess there's no way round this, as my Freeview box has no RCA
sound outputs; If I use the RCA sockets on TV its showing on the sound
isnt in sync; I believe the sound is the undigitised so slightly ahead
of Freewview output.

Are you trying to get the freeview audio into an a/v or hifi amp for
playback?

Assuming your f/v box has scart outputs, get a scart lead with the audio out
on separate phono's then go thru a two way box to send sound into your a/v
amp and/or the TV. Unless youre handy with a soldering iron you might need
to get your local shop or one of the custom cable companies to make up what
you need.

Which freeview box do you have? Does it have an optical or coax digital
audio out? If your a/v amp has a digital audio input then use that it'd be
much better.

HTH

Rob

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Gel wrote:
I guess there's no way round this, as my Freeview box has no RCA
sound outputs; If I use the RCA sockets on TV its showing on the sound
isnt in sync; I believe the sound is the undigitised so slightly ahead
of Freewview output.

Well, if you're feeding the Freeview box via a SCART to your TV the sound
from it will be fed as well, so the phonos on your TV should give you that
feed too. But you might have to look at its menu to make sure it's feeding
out what you want.

However, if you're critical, sync off Freeview is often poor - with the
sound leading the picture. And it varies throughout a prog, and from
channel to channel. One prog I watched yesterday had the sound about 5
frames early. Late is slightly more acceptable since this happens in
nature. Early is impossible, since light travels faster than sound.

Add in something like a plasma TV which delays the picture anyway and the
results are rubbish. ;-)

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks all; yes it has 2 scarts, and one RS232 socket, which I assume
is if you want to output to a PC?