Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The power Went Out - No Heat....

This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and
It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the
house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

(Note, if YOU are blonde, you can skip the first question)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and
It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the
house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

Light the wood burning stove.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Start my generator! I have 2, just in case

If no gas for heat, then drain what water lines I could, antifreeze in
toilet bowls, and if no wood stove go to neighbors with fireplace.

although some think this question funny, its serious.

a terrorist could take out power / heat in winter causing so much
grief...

its going to happen one day.............

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

good point, it happens all the time with only a little help from Ma
Nature, imagine what could happen if someone actually did this
intentionally.

I would hook up the generator to the furnace and a few other appliances to continue heating the house if gas service is still available. If not, hook up the propane space heater and crack a window open to allow fresh air in (necessary for the space heater and to avoid CO problems) - also move my digital CO monitor to an outlet nearest the heater and keep a very close eye on it.

I also happen to be blond.

Oh yeah, nobody's mentioned FEMA yet, I think I'd give them a call and
ask them to pay for me to stay indefinitely in a hotel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I dont exp[ect much from FEMA

Its a known fact they are incompetent.

Although a nice week at a 400 dollar a nite hotel might be nice

Posted to alt.home.repair
tsltrek

wrote in message
This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and
It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the
house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

(Note, if YOU are blonde, you can skip the first question)

Do like my in-laws, buy a generator for y2k, never bother to hook it up,
complain everytime the power goes out and it starts to get cold.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article _o5Jf.17594$C02.15936@trndny02, Gntry says...

Cheers to you Banty!
I know some "blonde" men that couldn't do what you just said.

Actually, I'm a brunette. But I *am* a lady. I responded that way because I
know these "blonde" jokes aren't referring to Boomer Esiason!

Cheers,
Banty

"Banty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and
It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the
house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

(Note, if YOU are blonde, you can skip the first question)

I'm the blond lady - I'm the one who got the generator going and connected
the transfer box because, being unencumbered by testosterone, I:
1. planned ahead
2. read the directions

Take that! :-P

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's cheatin'

On 16 Feb 2006 13:26:01 -0800, Banty wrote:

In article _o5Jf.17594$C02.15936@trndny02, Gntry says...

Cheers to you Banty!
I know some "blonde" men that couldn't do what you just said.

Actually, I'm a brunette. But I *am* a lady. I responded that way because I
know these "blonde" jokes aren't referring to Boomer Esiason!

Cheers,
Banty

"Banty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

This is an important question, courtesy of Homeland Security

The power Went Out - There's not heat coming out of your furnace and
It's freezing cold outdoors and getting colder by the minute in the
house.

What would YOU do? _______________________________

What would a BLONDE do? ______________________________

(Note, if YOU are blonde, you can skip the first question)

I'm the blond lady - I'm the one who got the generator going and connected
the transfer box because, being unencumbered by testosterone, I:
1. planned ahead
2. read the directions

Take that! :-P

PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver) Power Supply Chris Electronics Repair 7 January 31st 06 03:19 AM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
An air-soil solar sub-basement heat battery [email protected] Home Repair 10 March 14th 05 11:50 PM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM