Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Counded corners for tops of vertical blinds?

"Ignoramus8228" wrote in message
I just installed some vertical blinds. On top, there is some sort of a
decorative "skirt". It is made of a horizontal longitudinal piece and a
couple of 90 degree clips, and two short pieces.

I know that there are special rounded clips that allow to make the
whole "skirt" from one piece. A pro installed something like that for
us in another room and claimed that it was his "proprioetary
technology".

I would like to know if such round corners can be bought
someplace. Here's a picture of it:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/round-thing.jpg

any idea if they are available and what they are called?

The were an extra cost option a few years back. I don't recall which
company offered them. Most likely it was Kirsch or Louver-drape. Kirsch has
been purchased and combined with Levelor. Bottom line is if the company
you bought your blind from does not offer this option for a valence you most
likely aren't going to be able to buy it. Even if you could buy the corner
piece you would not have the continuous strip of fabric to wrap around the
corner.

The solution is to add a fabric covered cornice or valence over the blind
and dress the place up a little.

Colbyt
I do windows