Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default ductwork question

I got a bid for a remodel of my basement. the contractor suggested moving
the ductwork from the middle of the basement to the wall to save space (it
has 7foothigh ceilings.) It would open the room more. this would mean that
the ductwork would go at a 45 degree angle near the furnance, then to the
run. Some of the ductwork going to the registers/returns would be changed
from metal to flexible pipe.

Is there any schools of thought that would suggest NOT doing this? are
there bad points/good points? $9k for the basement remodel, which includes
two windows, framing, drywall, ductwork, and some electrical.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

SeaKan wrote:
I got a bid for a remodel of my basement. the contractor suggested
moving the ductwork from the middle of the basement to the wall to
save space (it has 7foothigh ceilings.) It would open the room more.
this would mean that the ductwork would go at a 45 degree angle near
the furnance, then to the run. Some of the ductwork going to the
registers/returns would be changed from metal to flexible pipe.

Is there any schools of thought that would suggest NOT doing this? are
there bad points/good points? $9k for the basement remodel,
which includes two windows, framing, drywall, ductwork, and some
electrical.

The good point is, it will give you more headroom and look nicer.

The bad point is that it will created more air resistance, especially on
those flexible ducts.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM