Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default Tankless HW heater tax credit

Several posts about tankless HW heaters rec I thought I would remond y'all
that are considering one that there are tax incentives in the US that went
into effect on January 1. Many energy saving things are eligble for the
incentive including some (but not all?) tankless "cold water heaters".

See http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...pr_tax_credits

-B

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

No writes:

Several posts about tankless HW heaters rec I thought I would remond
y'all that are considering one that there are tax incentives in the US

Baloney.

These things are less efficient than conventional. Boob bait for suckers.

The tax credit law doesn't recognize them.
Posted to alt.home.repair
No

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
.. .
No writes:

Several posts about tankless HW heaters rec I thought I would remind
y'all that are considering one that there are tax incentives in the US

Baloney.

These things are less efficient than conventional. Boob bait for suckers.

The tax credit law doesn't recognize them.

You may or may not be correct about more/less efficient than conventional.
Seems to me, as a layman, that it would be more efficient not to have hot
water stored for hours on end when you only need it a few times a day.
That's just me. I know there are other factors and I am doing my homework
because my 40gal is not big enough to keep up.

As for the new tax credit - It definitely DOES apply.
See
http://www.rheem.com/tankless/tankless_tax.asp
http://www.globaltowne.com/
http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/taxcredit.html

And on and on. The key to the credit is an "energy factor" of .80. Seems
some have that and others do not. I have found NO 75gal or larger NG tank
style heaters that are eligible.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney

On 2006-02-08, Richard J Kinch wrote:

These things are less efficient than conventional. Boob bait for
suckers.

This is simply false. Wayne
Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Richard J Kinch wrote:
No writes:

Several posts about tankless HW heaters rec I thought I would remond
y'all that are considering one that there are tax incentives in the US

Baloney.

These things are less efficient than conventional. Boob bait for suckers.

The tax credit law doesn't recognize them.

FALSE

Tankless with electric pilot (no standing pilot) DO indeed qualify for a
$300 tax credit on NEXT year's 2006 tax return.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Robert Gammon writes:

Tankless with electric pilot (no standing pilot) DO indeed qualify for a
$300 tax credit on NEXT year's 2006 tax return.

This applies to any type. Nothing to do with being tankless.