miamicuse

Default Tankless water heater

I have a water heater going bad on me, so I have to replace it with
something comparable or a tankless heater. I kept hearing people telling me
the tankless ones cannot heat it fast enough to give hot enough water so I
am wondering if this is because it's not done right or really there is a
truth to this.

I am located in Miami Florida so the coldest temperature during the year
would be like 35-40 degrees F. I have 200amps electric service. I believe
the highest demand for hot water when the master bath and second bath's
showers are both on, and at the same time the washer is running with hot
water. My baths are pretty simple, no additional nozzles. Is there a way
to compute if a tankless heater will work? and if so what model and size is
recommended?

Thanks in advance,

MC