Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Beckett Heat Manger Any experiences?

MY Oil bill came with an enclosed brochure for the Beckett Heat Manager. It
claims to save 10% to 20% on fuel costs.

http://www.becketthm.com/boiler-cont...ng-devices.asp

In my case, the savings at 10% is about $150/year. Seems as though we
should all be clamoring to get one right away. I'm guessing the cost to be
in the $350 range as that is what the Beckett guarantee tops out at.

Any thoughts on it?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

There are several different brands on the market. The concept has been
around for a long time, but I don't have any personal experience with the
newer ones. The Beckett HeatManager (part # 7512) is for heating only
boilers. If you have a domestic hot water coil, you need to add the Beckett
sensor (part # 7518). Watts also makes the Energy Saver (part # 0067611),
and Erie make the Boiler Boss (part # BB2400-2). Wholesale prices seem to be
about the same. It's a good concept, and if they're durable enough, they
should work ok. Ask your local contractors if they've had any experience
with them, and if they like them. Back in the 80s, American Stabilis sold
the Enertrol, that did about the same thing. They cost a lot of money and
were nothing but headaches.
http://www.invensysbuildings.com/pdfs/F-27015-1.pdf
http://www.wattscanada.ca/pdf/S-BES.pdf

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
MY Oil bill came with an enclosed brochure for the Beckett Heat Manager.

It
claims to save 10% to 20% on fuel costs.

http://www.becketthm.com/boiler-cont...ng-devices.asp

In my case, the savings at 10% is about $150/year. Seems as though we
should all be clamoring to get one right away. I'm guessing the cost to

be
in the $350 range as that is what the Beckett guarantee tops out at.

Any thoughts on it?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
MY Oil bill came with an enclosed brochure for the Beckett Heat Manager.

It
claims to save 10% to 20% on fuel costs.

http://www.becketthm.com/boiler-cont...ng-devices.asp

In my case, the savings at 10% is about $150/year. Seems as though we
should all be clamoring to get one right away. I'm guessing the cost to

be
in the $350 range as that is what the Beckett guarantee tops out at.

Any thoughts on it?
--

Check this out.

http://forums.invision.net/Search_Results.cfm?CFApp=2

Click on the 'show thread' button to see the post the thread came from.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"HeatMan" wrote in message
.. .

claims to save 10% to 20% on fuel costs.

http://www.becketthm.com/boiler-cont...ng-devices.asp

http://forums.invision.net/Search_Results.cfm?CFApp=2

Click on the 'show thread' button to see the post the thread came from.

Found it here http://forums.invision.net/Search_Results.cfm?CFApp=2l.

Seems to be mixed feelings. My boiler is 28 years old. In a few years it
may need to be replaces so it may be best to just wait and get a better
boiler.
Thanks,