Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank from Deeetroit

Default GE Fridge problem

We have a four year old GE refridgerator wit a problem. There are three
lightbulbs inside the box, two in the fridge, one in the freezer.

The top light in the fridge and the light in the freezer do not work, the
bottom light bulb in the fridge works. Replacing the bulbs does not fix the
problem. I am guessing there is a circuit problem somewhare.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Frank from Deeeetroit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Frank from Deeetroit" wrote in message
We have a four year old GE refridgerator wit a problem. There are three
lightbulbs inside the box, two in the fridge, one in the freezer.

The top light in the fridge and the light in the freezer do not work, the
bottom light bulb in the fridge works. Replacing the bulbs does not fix
the
problem. I am guessing there is a circuit problem somewhare.

Can I assume you checked to see that the new bulbs were not defective too?

Do you have a tester or meter of some sort to check the circuit? If one
bulb is working and the other is not, the switch is probably OK, but there
may be a loose or broken wire at the fixture itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank from Deeetroit

Yes, I checked the bulbs and the bulbs work in a desk lamp. Switch works,
as the second light inside the fridge works. Will check things out with my
circuit tester.

thanx

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Frank from Deeetroit" wrote in message
We have a four year old GE refridgerator wit a problem. There are three
lightbulbs inside the box, two in the fridge, one in the freezer.

The top light in the fridge and the light in the freezer do not work, the
bottom light bulb in the fridge works. Replacing the bulbs does not fix
the
problem. I am guessing there is a circuit problem somewhare.

Can I assume you checked to see that the new bulbs were not defective too?

Do you have a tester or meter of some sort to check the circuit? If one
bulb is working and the other is not, the switch is probably OK, but there
may be a loose or broken wire at the fixture itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Frank from Deeetroit wrote:
We have a four year old GE refridgerator wit a problem. There are three
lightbulbs inside the box, two in the fridge, one in the freezer.

The top light in the fridge and the light in the freezer do not work, the
bottom light bulb in the fridge works. Replacing the bulbs does not fix the
problem. I am guessing there is a circuit problem somewhare.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Frank from Deeeetroit

Hi,

Sometimes the solder blob on the end of the bulb is small and it will
not "home" in the socket. Might want to try a different bulb or a
different manufactures bulb before tearing too deep into the
refrigerator itself.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng

On 5 Feb 2006 06:27:56 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

Sometimes the solder blob on the end of the bulb is small and it will
not "home" in the socket. Might want to try a different bulb or a
different manufactures bulb before tearing too deep into the
refrigerator itself.

O raise the metal tab on the bottom of the socket if there is one.