Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Here are the pics I promised. Range hood install in small deli.

I posted earlier in the week with a lot of stupid questions concerning
the installation of a range hood in a small deli. Here is a link to
that post:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...b70883 5e6137

I promised RicodJour that I would post pics so here they are. I guess
you could call these the "before" pics since the project hasn't
actually started yet. I don't think these pics will be very
interesting to anyone but since I promised, here they are.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lwhale...=/45bb&.src=ph

pic12 - Here is a pic of the front of the store just so you know what a
cute little place it is. The side walls are stucco as you can see. I
said before that they were brick. Greg seem to think that we can go
though the wall to vent the hood, but I am doubtful.
pic13 - a pic of the cool mural on the side of the building. Bemidji
is on a lake and this mural depicts that.
pic14 - gives proper credit for the mural.
pic15 - This view from the rear of the building shows how litte space
there really is between the co-op and the neighboring building. I
don't see any way it will be possible to install a vent on this wall.
I haven't been up on the roof but since the co-op is a smaller building
I doubt if it matters. This seems to indicate that the vent will have
to go up on the roof which appears to be flat. This will be bigger
challenge than going though a wall.
pic16 - this is a shot of the teenie little stove they use a few hours
each day. My source says that the dimension of the hood needs to be at
least 3 inches larger than the size of the cooking surface. this seems
to indicate that a only a rather small hood will be neccessary, barring
any upgrade.
pic17 - from inside the kitchen facing the wall where they supposedly
want the stove to be relocated. shows both the old location and the
new location.
pic18 - show the upper wall and the ceiling. You can see that there is
some crappy paneling covering the wall and ceiling.
pic19 - view that the customer sees when shopping at the deli.

Question: What sort of problems will I have if I try to put this vent
hole through the ceiling?
Until I do go up on the roof I won't know for sure but I'm guessing
that this roof has coarse gravel over a rubber membrane.

Lawrence