Posted to alt.home.repair
Norm Dion

Default Gassy faucet

I have a Moen kitchen faucet with two handles and a common spout.
When I turn on either side, hot or cold, after an extended period of
non-use,
I get a small, sudden rush of air out the spout.
Lasts just about a second, then runs normally until the next time.
Any ideas, anyone?

Posted to alt.home.repair
kevin

Does it smell slightly like sulfer?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norm Dion

No, no smell.

"kevin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does it smell slightly like sulfer?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

During long periods of inactivity, like vacations, hydrogen sulfide gas can
build up inside a water heater.

"Norm Dion" wrote in message
I have a Moen kitchen faucet with two handles and a common spout.
When I turn on either side, hot or cold, after an extended period of
non-use,
I get a small, sudden rush of air out the spout.
Lasts just about a second, then runs normally until the next time.
Any ideas, anyone?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Tibbs

Bob wrote:
During long periods of inactivity, like vacations, hydrogen sulfide gas can
build up inside a water heater.

does this sulfide have a smell?
even though he says he can't smell anything..it couild be

just souinds like a leaky downstairs faucet pulling air into the leaky
upstairs faucet

Posted to alt.home.repair
kevin

The hydrogen solfide will smell, but it might be just barely
noticeable. We have this problem, and can only smell it if you try to
smell it (nose close to faucet, etc). This is more likely on a well
than on city water.

-Kevin