Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tear in vinyl floor

Greetings. Today I had to do some electrical work and I moved the
fridge. When I moved it back, I found that one of the legs of the
fridge tore my kitchen floor. I'm trying to figure out how to best
repair it.

I believe the floor is vinyl, but I don't know what it is. It could be
laminate or even Linoleum. Beat's me. I am an idiot when it comes to
flooring and identification/terminology. What I can tell you is that
it's the stuff you commonly see on kitchen floors. It comes in a huge
roll and it's a plastic rubber-type sheet that's glossy and often is
patterned to look like tile. You can walk into any Home Depot and
you'll see it.

Anyway, any suggestions how I can patch this flooring? It's still
mostly intact (there's a flap) and I can essentially push it back into
it's original place without difficulty. But...obviously...I want to be
able to seal it down so it's flush and not too noticeable.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

contact cement or get the right adhesive. move everything out of way
clean and dry area. lift flap and force adhesive in best possible, put
back down and use a small roller to get out bumps and air bubbles

Posted to alt.home.repair
spudnuty

3rd eye wrote:
I found that one of the legs of the
fridge tore my kitchen floor. I'm trying to figure out how to best
repair it.

I believe the floor is vinyl, but I don't know what it is. It could be
laminate or even Linoleum. Beat's me.

Well if it's flexable it's probably vinyl. I have a kit from Armstrong:
S-595 Seam Coating Kit or S-564 Low Gloss. I bought it to seal seams in
my vinyl floor. Never actually used it however. It contains a cleaner
and a two part seaming material. Got it from Menards so it's probably
available at most like that.
Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair

Everyone, thanks for your help! I went out and got Loctite brand
"Vinyl & Plastic Repair" adhesive along with a Armstrong "High Gloss
S-595 Seam Coating Kit". Hopefully this will do the trick. I'll post
back with my results.

Thanks again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, the Loctite adhesive along with the Armstrong "High Gloss S-595
Seam Coating Kit" seems to have done the trick. You can still see
where the tear was, but I have to guess if one didn't know it was
there, you'd not see it.

Thanks again!

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Kitchen Sub Floor - tear up? [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 15th 05 03:52 PM
removing vinyl tiles on top of hardwood floor Captain Clueless Home Repair 4 November 10th 05 11:59 PM
vinyl floor removal Gary Home Repair 1 November 6th 05 01:47 PM
Trailer floor tear out Stormin Mormon Home Repair 4 March 18th 05 01:21 AM