Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter Griffin

Default tear in vinyl floor

On 28 Jan 2006 20:42:09 -0800, wrote:
smear a small amount of multipurpose adhesive under the tear, roll/smooth
out area, and let dry for a few....go to lowes and buy an armstrong seam
sealer kit ...make sure you get the right one ...low gloss, or gloss
whichever your vinyl is.... apply the sedam sealer as per
instructions....never have a problem again.....
Greetings. Today I had to do some electrical work and I moved the
fridge. When I moved it back, I found that one of the legs of the
fridge tore my kitchen floor. I'm trying to figure out how to best
repair it.

I believe the floor is vinyl, but I don't know what it is. It could be
laminate or even Linoleum. Beat's me. I am an idiot when it comes to
flooring and identification/terminology. What I can tell you is that
it's the stuff you commonly see on kitchen floors. It comes in a huge
roll and it's a plastic rubber-type sheet that's glossy and often is
patterned to look like tile. You can walk into any Home Depot and
you'll see it.

Anyway, any suggestions how I can patch this flooring? It's still
mostly intact (there's a flap) and I can essentially push it back into
it's original place without difficulty. But...obviously...I want to be
able to seal it down so it's flush and not too noticeable.

Thanks!