Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman

Default 2 circuits feeding one outlet box.

I have a 2-gang outlet box in my basement.
I would like to feed it with two circuits.
- One dedicated circuit for a refrigerator/freezer (with no GFI)
- One shared cirucit for use as a general outlet (with GFI
protection either in the outlet box or upstream)

I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any problem with feeding a 2-gang outlet box from two
different 20A circuits? Is there any special labelling required?

2. According to code, can I run a normal size refrigerator and a small
standalone freezer on the *same* 20A circuit?
(from a power consumption perspective it seems that even the
combined load of both would be less than 75% of the 20A breaker)

Thanks