Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aerial wall socket outlet identification needed

A friend has had poor TV reception and on checking, I found that the
Aerial wall socket was giving a poor connection. The outlet needs to be
replaced and I'm assuming that it was the original outlet.

The outlet fits a standard pattress box and has a single socket. The plate
on the back of the outlet has two isolated connections and a coaxial cable
going to each of them. I can't remember exactly what was on the plate, but
there appeared ot be one or more capacitors.

The outlet is on a community aerial in a block of 26 flats.

I'm not sure what the cables a

1) the outlet is in series with other flats an (I assume this to be
unlikely)

2) the incoming cables are one for TV and one for FM and the outlet is
actually a splitter.

He has always had the TV aerial lead connected direct to the outlet socket
and has generally had a reasonable picture, even getting freeview OK most
of the time.

The only information I can find is YOD I/II printed on the plate, which
leads me to assume that this is indeed a diplexer (In which case the
socket is a combined outlet and he should have also been using an external
diplexer to split the signal back to TV and FM outputs.

Can anybody confirm what the outlet is and what a suitable replacement
would be?

Thanks

Roger