Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Default Cabinet building Books?

I am putting a stereo setup in a closet in my basement. I have finally
realized that what I am making is actually a fancy cabinet. Well not
even fancy, just big.

Does anyone know of any good books on cabinet construction that will
give me a foundation on how to make this thing. I can imagine in my
head how to do it, but I assume a book can help me avoid some simple
mis-steps.

Thanks for your recommendations. Recommended websites are also useful.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

look in your local library for kitchen cabinet books, and just scale them
up.

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
. ..
I am putting a stereo setup in a closet in my basement. I have finally
realized that what I am making is actually a fancy cabinet. Well not even
fancy, just big.

Does anyone know of any good books on cabinet construction that will give
me a foundation on how to make this thing. I can imagine in my head how
to do it, but I assume a book can help me avoid some simple mis-steps.

Thanks for your recommendations. Recommended websites are also useful.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16

Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Lirbary eh. I keep forgetting we have those I like one to keep as a
reference though, since im not a 'professiona;' and will forget this
stuff since i wont use it frequently.

Probably am being silly though as we have a nice new library in my city.

Charles Spitzer wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert wrote:
I am putting a stereo setup in a closet in my basement. I have finally
realized that what I am making is actually a fancy cabinet. Well not
even fancy, just big.

Does anyone know of any good books on cabinet construction that will
give me a foundation on how to make this thing. I can imagine in my
head how to do it, but I assume a book can help me avoid some simple
mis-steps.

Thanks for your recommendations. Recommended websites are also useful.

Taunton's books are always good. This one is for trim and built-ins
http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/070592.asp
which is a good combination if you want to dress up that plain jane
box.

Taunton also has videos, like this one on building kitchen cabinets:
http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/060033.asp
If you watch the video and take care of it, you could sell it on eBay
for a good percentage of full price. The things hold their value
pretty well.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
. ..
I am putting a stereo setup in a closet in my basement. I have finally
realized that what I am making is actually a fancy cabinet. Well not even
fancy, just big.

Does anyone know of any good books on cabinet construction that will give
me a foundation on how to make this thing. I can imagine in my head how
to do it, but I assume a book can help me avoid some simple mis-steps.

Thanks for your recommendations. Recommended websites are also useful.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16

I sendond the taunton book reference. Also - Look into equipment racks like
for computer rooms. Also, get a copy of Rockler and Lee Valley hardware
catalogs. They will have some stuff for you to help make pull out shelves,
etc. Lstly - post your question to rec.woodworking. Its an active
woodworking newsgroup. Post there when you are a bit further along and have
specific woodworking questions. Good luck and take some pictures. Lets us
know how it turns out.
http://www.rockler.com/
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/index.aspx?c=2