Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default Corner Bead Installation Q's

In the drywall stage of my basement. I have a couple of situtations
where two or even three outside edges meet (around the soffit). Do I
miter the edges of the metal to meet up flush with each other, or do I
leave them square?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Larry Bud wrote:
In the drywall stage of my basement. I have a couple of situtations
where two or even three outside edges meet (around the soffit). Do I
miter the edges of the metal to meet up flush with each other, or do I
leave them square?

While either may work; square can make the result too thick to finish
properly, so I suggest mitering. The miter need not be precise.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:
In the drywall stage of my basement. I have a couple of situtations
where two or even three outside edges meet (around the soffit). Do I
miter the edges of the metal to meet up flush with each other, or do I
leave them square?

While either may work; square can make the result too thick to finish
properly, so I suggest mitering. The miter need not be precise.

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an
inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks
our farther than the corner?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Larry Bud wrote:

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an
inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks
our farther than the corner?

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally
across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at
that point.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

RicodJour wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an
inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks
our farther than the corner?

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally
across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at
that point.

Thanks for quick and concise answers!

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Larry Bud wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an
inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks
our farther than the corner?

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally
across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at
that point.

Thanks for quick and concise answers!

You're welcome. Now let's just hope they're correct.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Jan 2006 11:20:48 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an
inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks
our farther than the corner?

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally
across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at
that point.

Thanks for quick and concise answers!

I always like to cut off the bead (hump) and overlap the edge pieces
where the nails go. Prevents cracking if the two metal pieces
overlap.
A grinder takes off the bead.

corner bond Paul Andrews UK diy 3 July 31st 05 11:30 PM
Garage Door Opener Installation SteveB Home Repair 5 June 11th 05 04:51 PM
Leveling a floor for laminate installation Ben Home Repair 1 July 16th 04 03:04 AM
Solatube installation code/DIY? William Brown Home Repair 2 March 28th 04 07:06 PM
Icynene installation report Intrigued Home Ownership 0 October 12th 03 02:40 AM