Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Default Which saw to buy Pt2

This is a follow-up to all the great answers I got to asking which saw
to buy to frame and trim a small stereo closet in my basement. I am
choosing a Miter saw since it can do moldings and I might need to do the
trim in my basement bathroom as well. Plus, miter saws have all those
fancy knobs and gauges that I just can't resist

I am looking at the Black And Decker Firestorm which I can't seem to
find for sale anywhere.. It has 2 year warranty. Its $170. Either this one

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=8196

or this one

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=2663

Or this Craftsman for $129

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...cat=Miter+Saws

I'm not sure I really need the extension wings and stop block on the
more expensive one.

Are these acceptable choices, or perhaps if I am willing to buy these I
should go ahead and buy an __?

I recall loving my B&D cordless hammer drill. However, I am finally
realizing the torque settings are kind of SWAGish and inconsistent. Its
innaccurate. Do you think the B&D Miter saws might also be innaccurate?

And finally, am I to put this on the floor and cut, or is there a
specific type of table to buy/make? Im pretty handy but my respect for
power saws runs into the realm of fear, so the more info the better.

Thanks all!

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert