Posted to alt.home.repair
Sean M

Default Which saw to buy Pt2

I just purchased the Firestorm 10" Compound Miter Saw from my local
Rona hardware store. I am very satisfied with it. I really wanted the
Dewalt but I could not justify the price. After playing with several
models I found the feel of the Frirestorm was very much like the
Dewalt. I found that many compound miter saws have a noticeable play
when you bring the blade down to cut. The Firestorm (like the Dewalt)
is good and solid. I am just using the saw to finish my basement ( I
am not a Pro or anything) this saw is more than enough for me.

By the way I found that the wings that come out of the saw are fine for
small pieces of wood, but if you are cutting 8 foot 2 by 4's you may
want to consider a miter saw stand. I got one and it make life much
easer and safer.

-Sean