Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Osten

Default Weird Japanese bathtub mounting question

I ordered this Japanese bathtub due to the very small bathroom in our
early 1900's house.
http://tinyurl.com/8mm9e

The tub is *supposed* to be unsecured onto a shower pan. However, due
to limitations to the bathroom space we couldn't pour the pan. I built
a 4" high motar curb in the corner where the tub will live exactly the
size of the feet of the tub and it fits perfectly and installed a slip
fit drain. However, this tub only weighs 80 lbs, and due to it being
so tall I think there is going to be a problem with people knocking the
tub out of alignment and or pulling the drain out of the slip fitting.
I don't really want to have to give lessons everytime someone uses the
tub.

The tub sits on two 2x4's and I've tried liquidnails, but it doesn't
seem to be holding. Could anyone suggest something stronger or
something better? Would setting it in a bed of motar hold it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

one: brass or stainless steel bracket onto wall stud.
two: see grab bar at:
http://hdsupply.com/prmw95/mwus/jsp/...rchText=820400

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
A bathtub question John W. Home Ownership 6 October 14th 04 08:14 PM
Overhead TS blade guard mounting question Andrew Barss Woodworking 34 September 24th 04 03:49 PM
bathtub drain question Peter H Home Repair 1 August 23rd 04 12:05 AM