Posted to alt.home.repair
pk

Default Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan

Hi,

Recently two Hampton Bay ceiling fans (with remote control) in my
townhouse started to turn itself (the light and fan) on automatically.
The fans came with the house I purchased six years ago.

I took the batteries out of the remotes and the fans still behaving
weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

pk

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

The remote is RF so maybe you have a neighbor with a new fan. I think you
can change the codes in the fan, look for a row of small switches (usually
8) called a dipswitch on top of the fan or inside an access panel. Usually
these need to match what is inside the remote. The website sucks for
support, you may need to actually go to a HD and ask a salesperson (they
probably won't know but may be able to locate an instruction manual).
probably have more luck at a HD Expo, the staff is better trained
(supposedly)

Also try removing power to the fan briefly to reset the remote reciever.
You may need to toggle the circuit breaker since the fan probably isn't just
plugged into the wall. Even when off, power still flows to the reciever
circuit.

"pk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Recently two Hampton Bay ceiling fans (with remote control) in my
townhouse started to turn itself (the light and fan) on automatically.
The fans came with the house I purchased six years ago.

I took the batteries out of the remotes and the fans still behaving
weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

pk

pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
Screws For A Hampton Bay two-bulb ceiling fixture, 9-1/2 inch Mushroom, Model 385544 ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 December 6th 05 11:11 PM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Modeling an air heater with a massy ceiling Nick Pine Home Repair 4 January 5th 05 01:03 PM
Extending electrical box on ceiling fixtures?? Ray Home Repair 3 November 23rd 03 01:50 AM