Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dayton furnace problems

Could really use some help people.

I've got a Dayton furnace, installed about 2 years ago.

I'm not getting any ignition.

I took the cover off, turned the power on and watched the inside.
There appears to be a mini-blower inside the unit on the upper left hand
corner.
That thing spins counter-clockwise like a champ for about 10 seconds and
then shuts down.

The control board on the lower right corner is flashing a series of 4
dashes, then pause, then 4 dashes and that repeats.
Gas appears ok to the box. I can't see and cracks in the line, nor smell
any gas.

The filter was just changed, batteries replaced in the thermostat and can't
see anything obviously wrong with
the thermostat. I set thermostat on manual override so that it would kick
in heat.......

No dice......

Any suggestions folks?

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Please reply to this group as I've masked my email address because of the
incredible amounts of spam I get.

Thanks in advance..... Wayne

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i don't know your furnace, but you can remove the silicone rubber tube
and clean out the little flue fan suction male nipple with a paperclip.
this might allow it to suck properly on the hose connected to the
safety switch that makes sure the flue blower is blowing up the
chimney.
maybe you have a failed glow or spark igniter/sensor.
the manual would be of great assistance. might be a free pdf file at
the company's website if it's not with the furnace. search the
internet, get model number off furnace and any other info from the
manufacturer's plate.

wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
Could really use some help people.

I've got a Dayton furnace, installed about 2 years ago.

I'm not getting any ignition.

I took the cover off, turned the power on and watched the inside.
There appears to be a mini-blower inside the unit on the upper left hand
corner.
That thing spins counter-clockwise like a champ for about 10 seconds and
then shuts down.

The control board on the lower right corner is flashing a series of 4
dashes, then pause, then 4 dashes and that repeats.

So what does the chart say (about the Code 4)? That's why they flash: To
kind of give you an idea what the problem is....

Gas appears ok to the box. I can't see and cracks in the line, nor smell
any gas.

The filter was just changed, batteries replaced in the thermostat and
can't
see anything obviously wrong with
the thermostat. I set thermostat on manual override so that it would kick
in heat.......

No dice......

Any suggestions folks?

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Please reply to this group as I've masked my email address because of the
incredible amounts of spam I get.

Thanks in advance..... Wayne

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Look at the owners manual and see what the 4 flashes mean. If you don't have
an owners manual, find one online. If you can't find the info, check for an
obstruction in the vent system. If you have a furnace with PVC that vents to
ground level, go outside and check for an obstruction. Sometimes the
protective screens can cause a problem. If you have metal vent pipe, take it
apart and check for dirt, dead birds, etc.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

just changed the filter? any interlock switches on this model?

Posted to alt.home.repair

just changed the filter? any interlock switches on this model?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Every gas furnace has any number of safety switches. What does the four
flashes mean in your owners manual.

wrote in message
oups.com...
just changed the filter? any interlock switches on this model?