Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

Default Will My Fir Insurance Cover This???

Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

By Associated Press

January 8, 2006, 4:19 PM EST

FORT SUMNER, N.M. -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried
to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back
to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house
and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the
mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room
Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a
window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres
and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy
said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Attached Images

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:49:35 GMT, "Red Neckerson"
wrote:

Interesting story, but post has 2 attachments, 1 useless graphic and
another that looks like it could contain a virus.

Perhaps that was HTML, something not appropriate for newsgroups.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

wrote:

Interesting story, but post has 2 attachments, 1 useless graphic and
another that looks like it could contain a virus.

Perhaps that was HTML, something not appropriate for newsgroups.

Don't read it then.
\
Oh, and STFU.....

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

Interesting story, but post has 2 attachments, 1 useless graphic and
another that looks like it could contain a virus.

Perhaps that was HTML, something not appropriate for newsgroups.

I agree.

But the larger is 104 bytes. I don't think that is big enough to be a
virus. ?? The smallest either of my virus checkers has identified
has been about 13,000 bytes iirc.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

I thought it was silly. How could a mouse on fire live long enough to do
anything?

Oh, and I didn't open the files. Are they in fact viruses?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Toller" wrote in message

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

I thought it was silly. How could a mouse on fire live long enough to do
anything?

Oh, and I didn't open the files. Are they in fact viruses?

No.

I saw the story on the news one night. Not saying that makes it true, but
you never know...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:31:59 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

I thought it was silly. How could a mouse on fire live long enough to do
anything?

Oh, and I didn't open the files. Are they in fact viruses?

Too short. I said this already, but the post never came back to me.

No.

I saw the story on the news one night. Not saying that makes it true, but
you never know...

Saw it on Letterman 10 minutes ago. I think it could be true. It
would only take 5 seconds to get from the fire to just below the
window. Not sure how it could burn down the house from there, but
things happen. Does peeling paint burn? Air conditioner covers?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

I thought it was silly. How could a mouse on fire live long enough to
do
anything?

Oh, and I didn't open the files. Are they in fact viruses?

Too short. I said this already, but the post never came back to me.

No.

I saw the story on the news one night. Not saying that makes it true, but
you never know...

Saw it on Letterman 10 minutes ago. I think it could be true. It
would only take 5 seconds to get from the fire to just below the
window. Not sure how it could burn down the house from there, but
things happen. Does peeling paint burn? Air conditioner covers?

Only if the air conditioning cover is on a Goodman!!!

(Ooops! That's a different thread...)

;-]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:Q26xf.5959$Xo5.2576@trnddc02...

Only if the air conditioning cover is on a

Goodman!!!

Goodman advises against covering their condensors.
Not so that they rust out and need replacement
sooner but because the cover creates an environment
favorable to critters and they might chew stuff up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Dr. Hardcrab ) said...
[about the mouse on fire causing a house to burn down...]

I saw the story on the news one night. Not saying that makes it true, but
you never know...

snopes.com has classified this story as "undetermined" because the
homeowner has changed his story twice...

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon