Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng

Default Tool Purchase Ethics?

I am developing my basement that will have a kitchenette (1) , full
bath (2.5), a separate vanity only nook (1) and a wet bar (1), that is
five and a half sets of H+C water plumbing. I love the flex tube
water pipes (PEC?) for running the water lines. These tubes are
secured to the fixtures by a crimp ring that requires a special crimp
tool. The tool costs $60+ the last time I checked. Renting one for
the day is something like $20 and the clock is ticking on overtime. I
react poorly to this kind of stress. Instead of working faster I
freeze up.

My idea is to buy the tool first, take a week to do a proper plumbing
job, then return the tool for a refund. The ruse "free use" is
obvious and I am not too comfortable with it. What's your take on
this? The alternative is to use stainless steel hose rings. Will
this have enough holding strength to keep the tube+fixtures securely
in place?